Quiet Mind Meditation

This is a quiet space .. designed to inspire, nurture and support your meditation practice so that you might find your own quiet mind

Tuesday 5 May 2015

Another Meditation Journey

Our beautiful Maple veneer plywood 
"Meditating" door-signs (available at our SHOP page)

It has been a very busy couple of months here at Quiet Mind .. there have been a number of meditation conferences, a retreat and networking events to attend, I moved into a new office, started a new series of classes and have of late been discussing some pretty astounding new opportunities to share meditation later this year. 

And then there is the ebb and flow of daily life .. which is where most of our lessons and challenges are found. 

And this is why I meditate. 

 Each and every morning. Rising just before the sun arrives. Gently shifting from that twilight dream time, to an expansive inner calmness that is breathtakingly still.  And this morning .. quite early in my meditation, I slipped into a deep sense of ..

r e l e a s e 

 Once I found my seat, closed my eyes, placed my hands in my meditation position, and surrendered to the flow of my breath .. I had a deep awareness of just releasing everything. Pure letting go. A complete surrender. 

And it is so nice to be in that space. For a moment or a minute. 

Over the next few months I am embarking on a new meditation journey. I am stepping into a meditation course that has been on my radar for some time (more on this later) and as part of this journey I shall be keeping a meditation journal, completing writing assignments and exercises, teaming up with a Study Buddy and discussing experiencing with a private online web group. 

Again a student and an opportunity for 'Beginners Mind'. 

And I thought that I might share some of that journey with you here on the blog. I always love to hear about other people's meditation journey and this will be a nice way to share any insights or learning's along the way. I hope to start sharing some of these new practices and experiences in coming weeks.  Which reminded me of some sage words a teacher once said .. 

A great teacher never stops being a student

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...