Quiet Mind Meditation

This is a quiet space .. designed to inspire, nurture and support your meditation practice so that you might find your own quiet mind

Monday 6 December 2010

Focus On : Lisa, Founder of STUDOM3

A few months ago I realised life had become much too sedentary. Working at the computer all day and sitting in meditation classes all week was leaving me a little stagnant (mind and body). I also knew that I wanted to commit to a practice that would 'nourish' me, not just move me .. something that might reconnect me with a deeper 'body awareness'.

I spoke my intention into the world and surprise, surprise .. I found Lisa and her local studio. I knew a little about Yin Yoga but had never found a practitioner in Australia. So I signed up .. and now feel totally blessed!


I am in awe of Lisa, her wisdom, knowledge and commitment to body+mind practices .. she has established a beautiful space and is an inspiration as a practitioner and teacher of yoga (Yin, Vinyasa, Yogalates, Pre/Post Natal, Teen and Kids) and also pole dance (beginners to world class competition level). She offers a huge schedule of classes, workshops and private instruction and graciously shared some time to be interviewed! I am delighted to be able to share our discussion with you ... learn more at www.studom3.com.au

Tell us about your special Interest (ie. Meditation, Yoga, Wellbeing):
Yoga – a significant influence that I struggle to express with words but experience in an awareness of movement.

How long have you been practicing, or working in this area?Since I became aware of ‘yoga’ – over 10 years.
How did you ‘find’ meditation, and how long have you been practicing meditation?
I did not consciously ‘find’ meditation .. it has been there as a form of awareness that is ‘cultivated’.

Do you have a regular practice – daily, weekly, other?
Yes – moment to moment.
What inspires you to keep meditating .. returning to your practice?
When I become aware.

Why meditate?
To cultivate awareness.
Do you have a particular technique(s) that you have found most suitable for you?I have a few and do apply ‘techniques’ that arise. Techniques include ‘yoga’ – walking, pranayama, mudras, kriyas, vertical pole dance. Simply cultivating awareness in the moment.
AM or PM? .. Chair, cushion, stool?Both, generally sitting on floor, vertical pole, asana practice, walking.
Have you a dedicated space for your practice?
Yes, home, STUDOM3, outside.
Have you attended a meditation retreat?
Yes, yoga retreats and buddhist retreats.

Any favourite books/CDs/Resources that you might share with others?Some that I have experience include person : Sherrie Wade - Book: 'I am that ..' - CD : anything by Brijndra - Places :Melbourne Theosophical Society - Music :'Oriental Music for Meditation’
Any thoughts you might share with those who are new to meditation?I do not want to add to your thoughts. Yet one practitioner said to me recently that they will try to forget their mind and I replied that I had no intention of forgetting mine ...
7 Random things about you?
1. I have always wanted to share that I thank my husband Matthew for choosing to live with me – THANK YOU 2. Being able to share and communicate MEDITATION & YOGA through the art and science of movement with others inspires me
3. Fun is under rated
4. I value humility
5. 'I will say a lot of things and 50% will be true and 50% will be untrue I just don’t know which'
6. It would be great to walk around the world
7. I apply this to myself : 'go in the direction of your dreams and live the life you have imagined'


Visit Lisa at STUDOM3 here

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...