Quiet Mind Meditation

This is a quiet space .. designed to inspire, nurture and support your meditation practice so that you might find your own quiet mind

Saturday 17 January 2015

Most popular Lunchtime Enlightenment

Each work-day (that's Monday to Friday) I post a 'Lunchtime Enlightenment' tip on the Quiet Mind Meditation Facebook Page - you can also sign up for our email version HERE - these tips are designed to provide a little motivation and inspiration for taking a few moments (or minutes) during your lunch break for a gentle daily mindfulness practice. 

Each Saturday I am now going to post the most popular Lunchtime Enlightenment tip from the past week .. drum roll please ..


Lunchtime Enlightenment #51

Poetry and the written word are both ancient tools for mindfulness practice. To fully experience the beauty of poetry, we must stop whatever else we are doing and give our full attention .. which opens us to a deeper connection and understanding of the world around and within us. 

Poetry has the capacity to capture moments of deep thought, emotion and insight - allowing us to shift mindfully into the present moment with a higher degree of awareness.

'‘Your attitude to me, says the Breath, is your attitude to Life. Welcome me… embrace me fully. Let me nourish you completely, then set me free. Move with me, dance with me, sing with me, sigh with me… Love me. Trust me. Don’t try to control me. (The Breath is Life’s Teacher by Donna Martin).

~ Sarah, Quiet Mind Meditation

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...