Quiet Mind Meditation

This is a quiet space .. designed to inspire, nurture and support your meditation practice so that you might find your own quiet mind

Wednesday 20 August 2014

Holding anger like a baby



In a recent meditation class the question of anger came up .. and how we might embrace emotions as part of our meditation practice (through mindfulness) .. and as is want to happen, shortly after this wonderful interview arrived at my desk.

Ram Dass interviewing Thich Nhat Hanh at State of the World forum.


Thich Nhat Hanh (one of my favourite teachers) talks about using mindfulness to take tender loving care of our anger.

'holding anger in a tender way .. like mother holding the baby"

By being aware and mindful of our breathing, we note the arrival of anger but we include the anger in our mindful awareness .. this helps us to take good care of our emotions.  

'One part of us looking after another part of us'.

breathing in - I know that I am angry 
breathing out - I am taking good care of my anger

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...