Quiet Mind Meditation

This is a quiet space .. designed to inspire, nurture and support your meditation practice so that you might find your own quiet mind

Sunday 1 June 2014

Sunday Pause 1 June

Welcome to the Sunday Pause .. join me as I wander through some of the inspiring, creative and simply funny stuff that I saw online this week!




Astounding times .. hearing that Google had been exploring ways to support their team through a healthy eating program .. which led to an introduction to Thich Nhat Hanh who agreed to meet with the Google team if they agreed to a half day Mindfulness program. 

"Many of us are here to deepen our ability to be fully present. To be in that stream of that profound, simple yet elusive condition of awareness that results from Mindfulness" Olivia Wu, Executive Chef Google. A company mindful of getting 'to the root of the stress problem'.

I was totally inspired by Dr Libby at Wanderlust this year .. and really enjoyed her take today in this excellent article 'Rushing Woman's Syndrome' which I know many of us will totally relate to.  

Which points out (again) that it is vital we all find the wellness tool's that we need to release stress and find balance.  

Balance is an elusive quality (especially for women) and I think it is even more stressful to believe you are doing something wrong if you don't feel 'balanced'.

I prefer to talk about maintaining and building a healthy Well-ness Account (and meditation is key for me) .. having enough 'spare' for those challenging rainy days in life.

Which reminds me of the power of laughing .. a powerful wellbeing tool that we perhaps forget to bring into our lives enough.   

But this week I was laughing and crying at the same time .. I don't watch a lot of commercial television (although I seem to have become completely addicted to The Good Wife and MasterChef) but even more so since I found out you could watch missed episodes online - IN BED - whenever you want to! Enlightenment! and I have never laughed so hard as watching this episode of Offspring!

Talking about bed and online entertainment .. after a particularly lovely meditation class the other night I decided an early night was needed.  But I have developed a rather nasty habit of viewing my little device before sleep .. and was completely woken up when I found one of my all time favourite artists was finally (finally!) coming to play in Melbourne .. so excited ... November at Elisabeth Murdoch Hall .. and I spent an hour telling friends and family and gathering a group together to book tickets!  

I have been keeping an ear to the ground for interesting events locally through two great online event guides: The Bharani Effect "Inspiration to live in harmony with the earth, each other & ourselves through a weekly conscious city guide + profiles of people, places and products from around the globe" 

AND .. Laneway Learning who offer 'cheap, fun classes in anything and everything' (and I might have some fun news soon about laneway meditation)

This site made me (and my daughter) laugh although I don't think it would be in the least bit funny if it happened to you (and yes, I have one!) .. and thank goodness it didn't end up like these.  

Another inspirational link from my teenager - "The way we communicate with each other has been revolutionized by the mobile, but one thing that has been lost is the art of touch" .. new thinking for a new world the BOND-Touch

Wishing you a magnificent and relaxing weekend .. 

and please tell me your favourite weekend website in the comments below so we can share the love next week..

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...