Quiet Mind Meditation

This is a quiet space .. designed to inspire, nurture and support your meditation practice so that you might find your own quiet mind

Friday 30 May 2014

Building Wellness


Great article today over on HuffingtonPost (UK) by our own Dr Libby .. 'Rushing Woman's Syndrome' (I found Dr Libby's talk totally inspiring at this years Wanderlust)..

"Rushing Woman's Syndrome has evolved out of my observation of a shift in women's health and behaviour over the past 16 years. Never before in my work have I witnessed so many females in a mad rush to do everything and be all things to all people. Never before have I seen the extent of reproductive system and sex hormone challenges that I now see. Women are wired. Many of them are tired too. Tired yet wired."

I really love the idea of 'balance' in life .. but I also think it is a rather elusive quality (especially for women) and I think that worrying that we are doing something wrong if we don't feel 'balanced' all the time, is also just perpetuating the cycle of stress in our life.

So I talk about building and maintaining a healthy Wellness Account .. and for my Wellness account I have a regular meditation practice that continues to make deposits to my wellness so that I have enough 'spare' for those challenging rainy days in life.

What do you do to maintain your Well-ness Account?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...