Sunday, 9 February 2014
Happiness Advantage (yep includes Meditation)
I love the TEDX talk series.
This has to be one of the best investments I could have possible made this Sunday (just before returning to the work week).
Shawn Anchor is entertaining, enlightening and inspiring to watch .. and he shares some of the reasons the world is settling for 'average mindset', the value of positive psychology (including studies that show the Happiness Advantage improves every single business outcome) .. and the proven plan for training your brain to become more positive:
* Gratitude practice - each day reflecting on three things you are grateful for, the brain begins to re-write the pattern with which it sees the world ie. more positively
* Journaling - about one positive experience you have had each day will teach your brain how to re-live those positive moments
* Exercise - teaches your brain that behavior matters
* Meditation - allows your brain to get over the cultural ADHD that we have been creating by trying to do multiple tasks at once, and allos our brain to focus on the task at hand
* Random Acts of Kindness - sending one positive email thanking somebody in your social support network each day