Quiet Mind Meditation

This is a quiet space .. designed to inspire, nurture and support your meditation practice so that you might find your own quiet mind

Tuesday 26 June 2012

The Power of Words


I love quotes.  As a teenager I kept a quote book to collect the words that 'spoke to me' (mostly quotes about love, inspiration and wisdom .. I note looking back).

Words have a power over us. 

I first read James Allen's As a Man Thinketh when I was a teenager.  I have it still in my bookcase.

Later I read that the Buddha also spoke .. "we are what we think. all that we are arises with our thoughts. with our thoughts, we make the world.".

I have taken this quote today from the journal of my teenage years a reminder of the potency of our thoughts.  In meditation we rest in stillness and (sometimes) hear the quiet whisper of our thoughts, never heard before.  

A reminder that our dreams are the 'seedlings of realities' and the very beautiful words ..

'in the highest vision of the soul a waking angel stirs'

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...