Quiet Mind Meditation

This is a quiet space .. designed to inspire, nurture and support your meditation practice so that you might find your own quiet mind

Saturday 21 January 2012

Re~leas~ing

Here is a peek!

Of my very secret place .. a place of special memories, childhood adventures, ease and carefree living .. the place where nature envelopes me ..

One of my 2012 Intentions (did I tell you?) was 'Releasing' .. the wonder and magic of Intentions (as opposed to Resolutions) is that once they find you/or you select them .. they begin to infuse all the many areas of your life.  I intend to hold 'Releasing' as one of my focuses for 2012.  Releasing to me is a reminder to 'let go' .. seriously one of the hardest things to live, learn and do!  .. releasing old thoughts, releasing old patterns or behaviours, releasing old emotions .. as well as worn out 'stuff', possibly relationships, definitely outmoded or negative beliefs .. ahh ..

A regular meditation practice of course shows us the courage required to 'let go' .. always we are reminded .. let go (of the breathe) let go (of the body) let go (of thoughts) and finally .. just let go!  So my meditation practice will continue to remind me .. release .. release ...

And this week I decided it was time to release a few things : the clinging, controlling and anxiety inducing need to stay connected to my computer/desk/home office.  Often I have felt that nasty feeling that if I took a breathe, or stepped away from 'work' then I would be irresponsible, lose money or miss out on something 'important'.  Plus when you work for yourself there is this incessant pull to work all hours .. 24/7 .. to the detriment of self and family ..

So .. I escaped.

I decamped.  Took leave.  Pack up what little I needed and headed down the coast.  While the laptop came with me, it resided at home while I headed out into the sunshine, drawn to the turquoise waters and the glaringly golden sand.

And I leart again to .. let go.

I let my body fall heavily into the sand.  I let my breathe fall gently into a rhythmn in tune with the water all around me.  I let the sunshine seep deeply through me, into bones and cells and chi.  I let my mind give over to the sound of the waves lapping at my feet.  And I let it all go for hours and hours.


(note to self : nothing was lost, work got completed later that night, no urgent calls or urgent messages .. in fact further note to self : two new opportunities popped up!)

Releasing .. such a powerful action .. one requiring a little faith and courage .. and one required if we seek to know freedom ...
re·leas·ing :
~ to set free from confinement, restraint, or bondage: released the prisoners.
~ to free from something that binds, fastens, or holds back; let go


first peek above the tea-tree

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...