Quiet Mind Meditation

This is a quiet space .. designed to inspire, nurture and support your meditation practice so that you might find your own quiet mind

Wednesday 4 January 2012

Intentions or Resolutions ..

Before the year gets off and running .. I like to spend some time meditating and reflecting on the dreams, hopes and 'potentiality' of the brand new year ahead.  I like the 'fresh new page' feel of this time.

Since I was a teenager I have gone through this process .. being quiet, reflecting, meditating and dreaming .. and over the years been inspired to create vision boards, write down lists, and journal my thoughts (many of which I still have tucked away).

In recent years I have moved towards Intentions rather than Resolutions or Goals .. Intentions somehow feel softer and more expansive, a 'flavour' or vision I hope will permeate and colour all aspects of my life.

In 2011 I had a single word that resonated with my thoughts for the coming year .. ‘Abundance’ .. a worthy and wise word that asked me to remember that there is always much to be grateful for, more than enough in the world for us all .. and to joyfully seek abundance in all areas of my life.

This week I have been avidly following a couple of excellent blogs .. which have nourished and expanded my own process ..

Susan Piver’s The Week of Inward Looking (‘Live your authentic life in 2012 : 7 days, 7 Teachers, 7 Questions’) which you can follow on Facebook or go to Susan's blog here : has provided much rich and thought provoking content, with input from around the world and some amazingly deep questions posed and responded to.   The question posed yesterday by Seth Godin 'Has my art been brave enough?' has definitely resonated with one of my intentions.

And the gorgeous Nadine Fawell who inspires once again with her Two Words Project .. a place to share, explore and support our 2012 Two Word Intentions.  You can find more on Facebook or by visiting Nadine's blog here .. (Note: Nadine is also leading a workshop in Melbourne on the 14 Jan to help you to find your two words - you can find out more on her blog).

Interestingly (but not surprisingly) I find that two words have been actively floating around my daily life, popping up in the funniest of places, coming to mind in meditation, and literally jumping off the pages I read .. 
and my 2012 Intentions are now almost decided!

Are you setting intentions or resolutions for 2012?

"The best time to plant a tree .. was 20 years ago.
The next best time .. is NOW"

(Chinese Proverb)

(picture above from Iyanla Vanzart)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...