Quiet Mind Meditation

This is a quiet space .. designed to inspire, nurture and support your meditation practice so that you might find your own quiet mind

Saturday 29 October 2011

'My body travels. I never leave home'


About a year ago I chased down Sarah Wilson’s blog because I loved her weekly column in Sunday Life magazine .. a weekly journey to finding out how to have a better life.

And I love reading her blog because there is so much interesting ‘stuff’ out there in the world that Sarah shares with us, in such a way that I am intrigued, challenged and broadened, and also because I am a little in awe of her ‘better life’ .. a life that I dream about when I am tediously tired of my own (lately .. often) . eg. Sarah is currently living in Byron Bay (swoon) after de-camping from her Sydney beachside home, garage sale-ing most of her possessions in line with ‘better life’ de-cluttering (swoon) .. she rides a vintage bike about Byron, and has a deep and passionate interest in food and eating for wellness .. and is tucked away birthing a new book (double swoon – tucked away and writing a book).  Then of course she gets to meet, research and write about amazingly interesting people (for work!). I think she is ‘living the dream’ .. but I digress.

What I wanted to share here .. were some words of wisdom that emerged from Sarah’s recent meeting with Deepak Chopra.  When Sarah asked Deepak how he manages it all .. the appearances, the travel, the writing, the computer games (another story altogether!) .. Deepak said:

“My body travels. I never leave home.”

And that is so brilliant! A little like a new mantra (although it also sounds  a little like a New Age car sticker) .. but these words totally resonated. This is something I ‘know’ and believe. This is what meditation has shown me.  MEDITATION is said to come from two Latin words; ‘medio’ which means CENTRE and ‘sto’ meaning TO STAND; so in meditation we learn to stand in our centre. When we are truly in our centre, then we can stand in the thick of life, in amongst the busyness, noise and competing demands .. grounded in the understanding of self and stillness within.

We might be in ‘the eye of a tornado’ but meditation shows us that we need never leave home; wherever the body might be travelling, consciousness can stand in that centre of absolute peace and calmness.

I love it when words of wisdom jump out at us .. at the most unexpected times.

Read more at Sarah Wilson’s blog at http://www.sarahwilson.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...