Sustaining a practice
• Sit every day even if its just for a short period. Intentionally dedicating this time of quieting – is a gift to the soul!
• A few times each day (or each hour on the hour) just PAUSE. Re-establish contact with your body and breath. Pause to explore a moment in time – the space of a pause will allow you to rebalance, regroup and come home.
• Reflect regularly on your intention for starting meditation – health, happiness etc
• Join a meditation group or practice with friends. Use inspiring books, reading inspiring articles or listen to beautiful guided meditation CDs. Feed yourself.
• If you miss a practice for a day, a week or a year – simply begin again. Simple.
• Don’t judge your practice – rather accept what unfolds and trust in your capacity to be with yourself and to learn.
• The art of meditation is to practice with curiosity, kindness and a gentle touch.
You have embarked on a journey that others have done over thousands of years. May their awakening inspire and support you. May the sincerity of your practice heal and free your spirit. (Tara Brachs)
Note: I found this note in an old journal .. I think it is quite a lovely reminder and so I copied it here. I am not sure if I wrote this but if in fact this belongs to YOU .. please let me know and I would be happy to give due credit.