Quiet Mind Meditation

This is a quiet space .. designed to inspire, nurture and support your meditation practice so that you might find your own quiet mind

Friday 26 March 2010

Focus On : Deanne Brennan

Meet Deanne Breannan .. a passionate Health & Wellness Coach well known for her enthusiasm, compassion and simple wisdoms! Deanne is a whirlwind of energy .. and mostly it is focussed on assisting others to shift their mind-set and produce real results in life. 

After travelling the world Deanne now lives in Melbourne and is conducting the wonderful Goal Setting Workshop next Wednesday 31st March (see below .. and where I shall be participating with a practical intro to meditation). Last week I caught up with Dee .. at one of her favourite café’s .. and asked her some questions …

Tell us about what you do : I coach people to set realistic goals to improve their overall health and wellness. Some people already know what they need to do to start looking after themselves but don’t make the time to plan it successfully. Some people just don’t know where to start, and that’s ok too, a bit of encouragement and support from a great coach can make all the difference to how we feel about ourselves.

How long have you been practicing? How did you start? Honestly, since I was 15yrs old! I was always encouraging friends to get off the couch or meet them for a walk. About 7yrs ago I studied Health Science – Soft Tissue Therapy (Remedial Massage). I often focused on my client’s lifestyle habits and looked at ways they could make some positive changes. I now have professional coaching qualifications and try new things every week related to health and wellness. So when I’m kicking back at a health retreat or enjoying some meditation I’m not only doing it for me…I’m doing it for my clients. A great coach walks their own talk. I love my job!

What sorts of things do your clients need help with? Often it’s getting them back on track with their health when work and stress gets in the way. Sometimes clients just want to start feeling better about themselves but just don’t have the motivation to get started.

How do you stay in balance with your Health and Wellness? I set new fitness goals every 2 months and often evaluate along the way. I get a massage every Monday, spend lots of time with friends and I take time out for myself everyday.


Do you have a special practice or ritual? My daily practice/ritual happens just after my morning exercise. I go and settle into a café and indulge in a skinny cappuccino, it’s my ‘me time’.

You also practice Meditation .. what technique(s) have you found most suitable for you? I do find that I focus best with short guided meditations no longer than 20mins. I recently down loaded a guided meditation on my ‘i phone’. I implement new meditations every fortnight otherwise I start to get distracted. New types of meditations keep me interested and alert.

AM or PM? .. Chair, cushion, stool? Late afternoon is best if I have been busy running around. It calms me and I tend to be much more productive afterwards. I usually lay down.

Have you a dedicated space for your practice? No, but it does sound like a fantastic idea!

Is Health and Wellness Coaching your main focus or do you work in other areas? I am also a massage therapist and get to travel the world with elite sporting teams such as professional cycling and triathlon. It’s a fun way to see new countries and meet some amazing people.

Any favourite books/CDs/Resources that you might share with others? “You Can Do It” – Paul Hanna. Really easy to read and just the motivation you need to get you going again.

What words of advice would you provide to those who are looking for a Coach to help them with their Health and Wellness? A great coach should be someone you feel you can trust and be completely honest with. All coaches will have their own coaching style, you may like to try 2 different coaches before you commit to a longer term arrangement.

7 Random things about you?I love to run!
I have breakfast every Tuesday with my girlfriends and we chat about our goals, it’s so much fun!
I find one new coffee shop a week
I believe that ‘Only good things happen to me’ and I often remind myself
I am a big fan of romantic comedies
I am great at visualising my dreams and turning them into reality!
I enjoy having deep conversations with random strangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...