Quiet Mind Meditation

This is a quiet space .. designed to inspire, nurture and support your meditation practice so that you might find your own quiet mind

Saturday 9 January 2010

The Surf Coast


""Sittin' in the mornin' sun, I'll be sittin' when the evenin' come,
Watching the thoughts roll in,
And I watch 'em roll away again, yeah
(apologies to Otis Redding)"

.. not sure where I found this quote .. but it resonated enough for me to keep it for the right entry .. and now summer is here! For many years past I would have been at my desk working the summer shift, prefering to take holidays later in the year when there were less people around. This year its different because I now work for myself. This year in the middle of the week we took a road trip down the coast .. just a few hours on the road with the perfect 'mood' music courtesy of rockstar-sister .. then the blissful sight of surf and sand. A few days just hanging out with my bella, rockstar-sister and friends .. no plans other than to be near the water .. to experience surf school, watch the blue blue skies, watch our skin turn brown and crusty with salt and languish in the cool ocean!

I took time out to wander further down the beach .. to find a spot for my morning meditation. This is my favourite location .. close to nature, awareness heightened by the sounds and texture of mother nature .. the beach is perfect for just sitting and turning inward. Life is just TOO GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...