Always amazes me (but shouldn’t by now) how people/books/ideas (even blogs) introduce themselves in response to a question or concern we hold in our heart/mind! The past couple of weeks I have also been having an issue with routine or lack thereof .. the need for? the resistance of? the desire to float along open to new ideas and inspiration vs. the desire to knuckle down and make things happen!
After many years in the corporate world I am now feeling my way in a new world of no pre-set time frames, or deadlines; no people or processes to manage, no targets to reach! Only my own dreams that are still formulating .. living a more open and embracing life … teaching, writing, living in the world revolving around wellbeing and meditation.
So like Yvonne I am also thinking about what ‘routine’ might look like in my new world. Do I need one? Hmmm .. I think I do .. it sort of appeals to have some structure (even if I throw it off on occassion). So while I didn’t get much done yesterday .. I really enjoyed the serendipity of my day! After a full on weekend at the Meditate09 Conference l think I needed some time and space to ‘process’ all the people met, information shared, discussions, workshops and inspirations (I promise to blog shortly on some of my adventures at the conference).
* A morning of being totally attentive to my child and making a smooth transition to school
* The time and space to enjoy my one and only morning coffee while gently planning out my day
* A walk along the beach at the end of my street with my dog .. he who will sit with me each day while I tap away at the computer
* Time to honour moving the body .. Yoga at our new space both Monday and Wednesday morning starting asap : www.breatheatparkdale.blogspot.com
* One blog post each day … or maybe every two days depending on the creativity index
* And without doubt .. my day will start with the peace and stillness of my meditation practice!