Quiet Mind Meditation

This is a quiet space .. designed to inspire, nurture and support your meditation practice so that you might find your own quiet mind

Saturday 19 January 2008

Welcome!

Let silence do the heavy lifting
Susan Scott


Each evening I make sure I set my clock for an early morning start. 

Hopefully early during the working week is around 6am. I know, beyond a doubt, that if I give 30-45 minutes for my meditation practice each and every morning... then everything in my life is better!


A regular meditation practice helps me in so many ways ~ mostly by allowing me to move through my busy life being more in touch with 'me'. 

I deal better with the bumps and the curve balls of life. I know that meditation gives me this 'bubble' of deep calm and balance that I can call on when needed.... sure, I still get rattled at times by drama’s (work/family/competing demands/bills), I lose my temper, get stressed! But on the whole, I think, move and feel better! 

And because I have found this amazing tranquility, I continue to be driven to get up each morning for more! 

I found meditation, or it found me, when I was about 17yo.. about to start my final stressful senior year. A classmate suggested his mother, a psychologist, could teach us what he called, 'relaxation skills' (read: 'meditation' although at the time the word was probably a little too 'hippy').


So, one sunny school lunchtime a group of the more 'enlightened' students turned up at the library.. we moved all the furniture aside, lay down on the old, crusty grey carpet... I remember lazily gazing out the window glad to just be lying down for a while...the sun shining, the really blue sky...the tops of the trees blowing in the wind, hearing the kids playing below..the 'shhh-ing' of the library staff outside...

Guided by this gentle voice we found and watched our breath. We heard about 'letting go'.. a little more with each out breath. 

I remember that sense of sinking deeper and deeper into the floor, and everything around me (and inside of me) just s l o w i n g down. My breath seeming to 'disappear' yet there was this feeling that we were instead all breathing the same breath. 

I stepped into this wonderful 'space' that was strangely familiar and amazingly peaceful ~ and this place was inside of me!

More soon...

Namaste Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...