Quiet Mind Meditation

This is a quiet space .. designed to inspire, nurture and support your meditation practice so that you might find your own quiet mind

Thursday 4 July 2013

Is this Hugh Jackman's secret?


In the Starter Pack for our Quiet Mind Meditation E-Course, I mention a few well-know 'celebrities' and professionals who have spoken of their meditation practice.  The practices may differ, but each individual has ultimately found a practice that works for them - and they continue to practice.  I find these stories quite inspiring. 

Over the past few weeks I have caught a few 'news bites' about Hugh Jackman and meditation.  I think the new 'Wolverine' movie is about to hit the screens .. so this is all part of the lead up PR.
 
But on researching I did find this wonderful interview with Oprah (appeared in the June 2006 issue of O, The Oprah Magazine - click here for full interview) and wanted to share more of Hugh's thoughts on meditation:
Now I meditate twice a day for half an hour. In meditation, I can let go of everything. I'm not Hugh Jackman. I'm not a dad. I'm not a husband. I'm just dipping into that powerful source that creates everything. I take a little bath in it.
"Everyone takes a shower every day, and we don't complain about it. We do it out of discipline. There will always be an excuse not to meditate. In the Hindu tradition, there's something called ahankara, or the ego. The ego says, "You don't need to meditate, man. You're really busy. What about the kids?" But do I say, "I can't shower today because I have to make time for the kids?""
 "I do a version of transcendental meditation—I felt like my body went away. I began with a mantra; then the mantra faded. Meditation is all about the pursuit of nothingness. It's like the ultimate rest. It's better than the best sleep you've ever had. It's a quieting of the mind. It sharpens everything, especially your appreciation of your surroundings. It keeps life fresh."
"In the moments of clarity that meditation brings, I know that I am limitless. That's an incredibly powerful feeling."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...