Quiet Mind Meditation

This is a quiet space .. designed to inspire, nurture and support your meditation practice so that you might find your own quiet mind

Tuesday 14 August 2012

The 'M' word (Meditation)



More well-know celebrities reveal their meditation habits online this week .. in fact there seems to be a bit of a 'trend' to mention the "M" word ..

Ellen DeGeneres spoke of meditation at the opening of the David Lynch Foundation’s 3rd annual Change Begins Within Gala, where she spoke about having tried different meditation techniques .. and then found Transcendental Meditation

“There’s something about TM – it is the only time I have that stillness, it’s the only way I’ve ever been able to sit long enough. I open my eyes and I’m sad that it’s twenty minutes later….. it gives me this peaceful feeling, I just love it so much and I talk about it as much as I can on my show without sounding like I’m preaching about it… I can’t say enough good things about it… All the benefits that you can achieve from just sitting still and going within – it really is a beautiful experience. I’m happy to be a part of this community and I hope to continue doing this.”

And then .. I read that Bill Clinton is also taking up meditation.  RadarOnline.com reported this week:

The 65-year-old former President, who has been plagued by medical issues for years and recently turned vegan, likes to unwind in private classes as he learns the art of meditation with the help of a Buddhist monk.

And Bill loves meditating because it helps him stay focused and calm.

“Ever since his heart scare, Bill has looked for ways to help him relax,” a source said.  “He has a hectic life, he travels a lot on business as an ambassador for the U.S. and needs something to keep him sane.  Meditation offers him that, he has a mantra that he likes to chant and after every session he feels transformed and full of positive energy.”  The 65-year-old former President, who has been plagued by medical issues for years and recently turned vegan, likes to unwind in private classes as he learns the art of meditation with the help of a Buddhist monk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...