Quiet Mind Meditation

This is a quiet space .. designed to inspire, nurture and support your meditation practice so that you might find your own quiet mind

Monday 13 October 2008

Gratitude Journal

[Thanks stock.xchng for photo 'Freedom' by Sopeluk]

In my recent spring cleaning activities I found one of my old gratitude journals… As well as understanding the importance of finding and focusing on the abundance of good that we have around us; I really believe in the value of living with a spirit of gratitude. I remember the joy of purchasing this new journal book and the great creativity it inspired when I started.. my aim was to write a daily list of three things to be thankful for.

With the world/media/politician’s all around us currently so focused on all that is potential crisis and negativity .. and this morning having already received three emails from friends lamenting the problems of life... it’s probably an ideal time again to pause and reflect at the end of each day on what we have to be thankful for.

This is about focusing on what is good… reminding ourselves of all that we have to be grateful for... and we all have LOTS to be thankful for!

Every evening before sleep let’s take the time to write three reasons to be thankful. A simple and beautiful way to finish our day with a positive and open heart.

Today I am truly thankful for:

*the growth of my new vegetable garden and the prospect of fresh home grown lettuce in the coming days
*inspirational blogs and the words of wisdom I receive in my inbox each day
*my beautiful daughter who astounds me daily with her unique insights
*my friends who call and touch base so regularly and share their innermost thoughts
*sunshine and balmy days
*the good health of my family and friends
*the joy of being able to dream great dreams, share great plans and aspire to a better future
*the total expression of love from my puppy each time he see’s me

Wishing you a wonderful and inspiring day

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...